Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Off to Durban

We left Boksburg at around 9.00am for a leisurely drive to Durban. Mom will be binging the empty trailer back after the rally and she was more confident in taking her small Honda Jazz as opposed to the old man's much larger Jaguar.

I drove most of the way and found the roads good and scenery spectacular. The Honda was labouring at times, especially going up hill but it will be a lot better comming back without the extra weight of 2 bikes and 2 passengers.

We stopped in at Villiers for breakfast and to refuel at around 10.30 and then again for a break and a coffee at Harrismith. I ordered a double strength cappuccino at the ' The Mug and Bean', it was very reasonably priced by Australian standards but, gee am I looking forward to a descent cup of coffee when I get home!

Got held up in a bit of a traffic jam for a while about 1 hour out of Durban as the roads became congested due to a crash involving a rolled over BMW sedan.

Dropped the bikes and trailer off at the Hillcrest Shopping centre underground car park and then headed to my Uncle and Aunt's place for the evening. Spent a lovely night putting together some of the jigsaw pieces associated with the complex history surrounding this family. After a swag full of bears, the old may had us all in stitches of laughter and at one stage I had tears rolling down my cheeks I was laughing so much.

Tonight there is a cocktail party being sponsored by the local Natal vintage motorcycle club for the DJ participants and tomorrow we start to prepare for the rally which commences early Friday morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment